To maintain a positive mood it’s important to participate in activities you enjoy on a regular basis. This may be reading, running, chatting, gaming… it’s whatever works for you 🙂
For me, watching a good old chick flick has ticked this box for many years!
I’m sure I get a cheeky boost of serotonin during films from this genre, especially when the happy couple kiss at the end… #awwwwww
Without further ado, for some cinematic mood-boosting inspiration, here are my top 10 favourite chick flicks.
- The Notebook – A poor and passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman and gives her a sense of freedom. They soon are separated by their social differences.
- Notting Hill – The life of a simple bookshop owner changes when he meets the most famous film star in the world
- Bridget Jones’ Diary – A British woman is determined to improve herself while she looks for love in a year in which she keeps a personal diary.
- Pretty Woman – A man in a legal but hurtful business needs an escort for some social events, and hires a beautiful prostitute he meets… only to fall in love.
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days – Benjamin Barry is an advertising executive and ladies’ man who, to win a big campaign, bets that he can make a woman fall in love with him in 10 days. Andie Anderson covers the “How To” beat for “Composure” magazine and is assigned to write an article on “How to Lose a Guy in 10 days.” They meet in a bar shortly after the bet is made.
- Never Been Kissed – A journalist enrolls in her old high school as part of her research for a story.
- Sweet Home Alabama – A young woman who’s reinvented herself as a New York socialite must return home to Alabama to obtain a divorce from her husband, after seven years of separation.
- Serendipity – A couple reunite years after the night they first met, fell in love, and separated, convinced that one day they’d end up together.
- Life as We Know It – Two single adults become caregivers to an orphaned girl when their mutual best friends die in an accident.
- Man Up – A single woman takes the place of a stranger’s blind date
Nothing better sometimes than spending time watching Ally and Noah’s first date, Bridget causing mayhem, and all the other couples falling in love with each other!
For more inspiration, there are some good looking films I’m excited about coming out soon; the first and last in this list are based on fantastic books so here’s hoping the films are just as good!
2016 films I’m excited about:
A girl in a small town forms an unlikely bond with a recently-paralyzed man she’s taking care of
Three generations come together in the week leading up to Mother’s Day.
The continuing adventures of British publishing executive Bridget Jones as she enters her 40s.
The Girl on the Train is the story of Rachel Watson’s life post-divorce. Every day, she takes the train in to work in New York, and every day the train passes by her old house. And then one day, as the train passes, she sees something shocking, filling her with rage. The next day, she wakes up with a horrible hangover, various wounds and bruises, and no memory of the night before. She has only a feeling: something bad happened.
Hope you enjoyed the mood-boosting inspiration!
They’re all definitely worth a watch 🙂